Thursday, August 3, 2023

Favorite TV Shows: August, 2023 Edition

  

Favorite Shows: August 2023 Edition

(Previously: January 2011, May 2012May 2013May 2014May 2015May 2016June 2017June 2018June 2019June 2020June 2021, June 2022)

So I usually write up this annual list in May or June, but it got away from me this year. And no wonder -- I barely watch live TV anymore, so it's hardly a priority. Still, it is tradition, so here it goes....


Current Shows That I've Watched In The Past Year...

Jeopardy

Queer Eye

Claim To Fame

Jury Duty

LEGO Masters (season 3)

Pretty Baby (the Brooke Shields documentary)

Muscles & Mayhem (the American Gladiators documentary)


What this list looked like last year...

Jeopardy

Call The Midwife Christmas Special

The Baby-Sitters Club, season 2 (Netflix)

Good Bones (HGTV)

LEGO Masters, season 2 (FOX)

Abbott Elementary (1 ep so far)

This Is Us (season 1)

Squid Game (Netflix) -- one watch was enough

Never Have I Ever (Netflix) -- I liked season 1 more than 2


Notes:

I've dropped off watching Call The Midwife, but I may come back to it someday. 

I didn't watch Never Have I Ever season 3 and probably won't, since I didn't really care for season 2. 


Shows I've Recently Enjoyed That Are A Bit (Or A Lot) Older...

Parks and Rec (rewatch of seasons 4-7)

The Good Place (another series rewatch)

Rick Steves Europe

The Queen's Gambit (rewatch)

Lois & Clark

I Am Not Okay With This (I started watching this back when it debuted in 2020 but only finished it within the past year. This show definitely wins the award for "most shocking series finale cliffhanger ever." I mean, ever. Just... holy crap.)

Full House - select episodes

The Facts Of Life - random episodes

Columbo, season 1

The Partridge Family, season 1

The Love Boat

The Price Is Right - retro all the way

Star Trek: TNG


Some Of My Favorite YouTube/Tiktok Channels:

Call Me Kris, Emma Cruises, Kelsey Impicciche, Be Kind Rewind, Say Goodnight Kevin, Simply Nailogical, Jessica Kobeissi, Special Books By Special Kids, TheOnlyCB3, Jaime French


Some Of My Favorite Podcasts:

The Blume Saloon, Stuck in Stoneybrook, First Impressions, Manners & Madness, Advent Calendar House, Lois & Clark'd: The New Podcasts of Superman, The Cool Kids Club


On My To-Watch List:

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (still)

Loki (still)


No comments: