Sunday, September 25, 2022

My 2022 Global Adventure: Day 22 - Morning (Ghosts! Fire Trucks! Polar Bears!)

It's LEGO Day! 

We arrived at LEGOLAND Billund just as it was about to open...

I had been to LEGOLAND California before, but this was my first time to the Billund park. I didn't want to be spoiled too much, so I didn't do much research, but in retrospect I wish I'd at least looked at a list of rides beforehand.

So we wandered through the park and checked out some of the creative spaces...

These pictures are out of order, but we definitely spent some time in MiniLand...

I bought some chocolate...

We rode the kiddie train...

And this train, too...

We visited an aquarium...

I said "heck no" to this...

and to this...

and also to this...

I did go on the safari cars, though...

H. and I queued up for this haunted house, not really knowing what kind of ride it was...

^That guy in front really dressed for the occasion.

So first it's a walkthrough. There are interactive elements and a cool (optional) mirror maze.

Then we got to the room where you actually start to board the ride, and I saw video monitors showing that this is a FREEFALL DROP RIDE.

And out the nearest exit I did go.

Again, I wish I'd researched the rides beforehand. I was afraid of being "spoiled," but really, there's so much else to see at the park -- the models, the creative spaces -- that I would have had plenty to keep me "surprised."

We rode this log canoe flume...




Saw some fun models and sculptures...






Dogs are allowed in LEGOLAND, and I saw a bunch...



We didn't ride this kiddie ride, but it was cute! Definite Fabuland vibes.





I enjoyed watching the ride/interactive game below. Teams/families would pile into their fire truck and pump a handle to make the truck go across the lot. Then, at the row of houses, they'd jump out and spray a "fire." The first team to put out their "fire" and make it back was declared the winner.





That cat has a "I didn't need to be rescued, but okay!" face. I love it.


We spent a bit of time in the shops...



There were quite a few boat rides and water rides at the park...







We never did find where you board this monorail, but it was fun to watch...




Towards the end of our visit to the park, we rode this thing and got some great views...






It had been a fun morning, but now it was time to head toward The LEGO House!


Things I Learned Today...

*At least minimally research rides beforehand!



No comments: