Sunday, September 18, 2022

My 2022 Global Adventure: Day 19 (Elephants! Horses! Rocket Ships!)

Today was our second full day in Copenhagen, and H. and I had decided to spend it at Tivoli Gardens.

But first we visited the next-door Tivoli LEGO Store, since it opened sooner than the park did...




After making a few purchases there, we got in line for Tivoli...


Ever since I first heard about Tivoli back in my early 20s, it's been on my list of places I wanted to visit. As of 2022, daily entry to the park itself for adults is 145 DKK, or about $20. A ride bracelet is 165 DKK / $22. You can also pay for rides individually, but if you're planning to ride three or more, the bracelet is the way to go. You can buy both the ticket and the bracelet online, and redeem the bracelet via one of the many kiosks in the park. (It's actually easier to redeem a bracelet than to physically buy one there, as we found out.)


Before our trip, H. and I watched a Youtube video where a person did an overview of all the rides. We took notes of which ones we wanted to ride, and which ones we wanted to avoid.


One of the first attractions we ventured into was Skaersilden ("the fun house")...


It was epic! There were giant slides, moving walkways, spinning tubes, everything you could want in a fun house... except for maybe a ball pit.





We went on Den Flyvende Kuffert, which is a classic-style dark ride with nods to lots of fairy tales and stories...



We rode the Veteranbilerne ("vintage cars") once in the daytime and once at night...



We rode The Music Carousel, which was a double-decker merry-go-round...



At some point today, we rode Minen (the mine). It had a "shooting laser" element.


Random ship...


We checked out this epic playground...




On a side note, Mayor McCheese has apparently been busy...



I did NOT ride ^that, but I did ride the swing carousel, Svingkarrusellen. 

I also didn't ride the rollercoaster below, but I enjoyed taking pictures of it....


We did ride Dragebadene (the dragon boats)...



One of my favorite rides was Dyrekkarrusellen (classic carousel). It rotated at a decent speed, and there were a bunch of different types of animals to choose from. 


We rode in the high-up basket on this elephant for one ride...


Another time, I got some good air time on this springy rocking horse...



We rode the Rutschebanen ("the roller coaster") early in the day. It's the ride that inspired Walt Disney to build The Matterhorn. H. enjoyed it enough to go again in the evening...


By mid-afternoon, we were getting pretty warm, so we got some lunch...


I got this flatbread pizza that had potatoes and truffle oil; it was heavenly.

Then we headed back to the hotel for a rest. 

In the late afternoon, we headed back to the park... but first, a visit to the LEGO Store Copenhagen!



Yes, Copenhagen has two LEGO Stores... only about a mile apart!


Back at Tivoli...




I rode the Astronomen twice...


While H. was riding the roller coaster for the second time, I took pictures...



I also paid another visit to the fun house, but this was a mistake... I fell twice. Ouch. 





We stayed until the sun went down and all the lights came on...


Finally, we bid Tivoli goodbye. H. wanted to check out a pride festival that was in full swing nearby, and I headed back to the hotel.



No comments: