Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Lego Projects: "Gingerbread House" (2012)

 

I started working on this in October after I stumbled upon a fair number of the pieces I would need at the Canby Bricks & Minifigs store. The brownish bricks are called "dark orange" and it's actually pretty rare color. Perhaps one of the only current sets it comes with, at least in abundance, is the Town Hall ($170-200) and I didn't want to spend that much.

Over the next month, I made a few more trips to the Canby store and the one in Beaverton, and managed to find enough dark orange pieces to complete the house, giving it a good amount of "gingerbread". I also needed to buy some of the red and white round bricks for the candy cane corners, some extra green shutters for the windows (since the ones I already had are currently in use on the Green Gables House), and a few other odds and ends.



 I am planning to bring the Gingerbread House to Bricks Cascade, March 9th and 10th, 2013, at the Oregon Convention Center, if you'd like to come check it out (along with many, much more awesome things, built by other people.)

No comments: