Friday, January 4, 2019

So, Last Year...

I used to do year-end lists on this blog... accounts of movies I'd seen, TV shows I'd watched, books I'd read, and whatever other media I'd consumed. Often each list would be its own separate blog post.

How ambitious I was.

Nowadays...


I mean, I like lists. I like keeping track of things.

But when I've neglected to keep track all year long, and then am faced with make a year-end list...

I COULD do it...

Or I could go take a nap instead.

But maybe I should attempt it. I mean, my memory's not getting any stronger.

Okay, whatever. Here I go.


BOOKS

New books...

Confessions Of A Jane Austen Addict, by Laurie Viera Rigler **
On Writing, by Stephen King ****
Where Am I Now?, by Mara Wilson ****
Poverty Wasn't Painful, by Elaine Dahl Rohse ***
The Last Battle, by C.S. Lewis ***
An Anteater Named Arthur, by Bernard Waber **
The Magic Bus, by Maurice Dolbier **

I also read 2 informational books on Canadian provinces Quebec and Nova Scotia.

And I read a bunch of books on Oregon small town history, many of which weren't cataloged on GoodReads.

SPEAKING OF GOODREADS...

Stats!!! 😁

*In 2018 I read 10,309 pages across 38 books. (I re-read quite a lot of books.)
*The shortest book was I Want My Hat Back - 32 pages
*The longest book was Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - 870 pages


MOVIES

In the theater, I saw: 

*The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
*A Wrinkle In Time
*Fantastic Beasts 2

At Home/Elsewhere, I watched:

*Won't You Be My Neighbor?
*Black Panther
*Thor: The Dark World
*Guardians of the Galaxy
*Avengers: Age of Ultron
*Avengers: Infinity War
*Wonder Woman
*Coco
*Wonder
*Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
*Jane Eyre (2011)
*Bedknobs and Broomsticks
*You Can Count On Me
*Fantastic Four (the 2005 version -- yikes)
*Anne of Green Gables: Fire & Dew


TV

*Parks & Recreation
*Call The Midwife
*Jeopardy


TRAVEL

New cities...

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Bar Harbor, Maine
Quebec City, Quebec
Montreal, Quebec

New sights...

Confederation Bridge
USS Constitution
Boston Common
Cape Breton Island

LEGO Conventions...

Bricks Cascade (Portland, OR)
BrickCan (Vancouver, BC)
BrickCon (Seattle, WA)


PERSONAL

Started three new novels. One of them is actually almost finished so there's that. When they will see the light of day is unknown.

My last pet hen, Servo, passed away in June. She was 8. She was preceded in death by sisters Gwynn in 2012 and CC in 2017.

My sweet Baylie cat passed away in September. She was 18.


MUSIC

I didn't go to any concerts, but I still enjoy the music of Tenth Avenue North, For King & Country, Danny Gokey, Mercy Me, Matt Maher, and a bunch of others.


FAVORITE PHOTOS

That I took, obv.















No comments: