Monday, September 7, 2020

The Corona Chronicles: Chapter 11




It's been another month and a half of little to say.

We've been given more guidance for what the new school year will look like. It's going to be online... they're saying until at least January. We're going to be doing prep for a couple of weeks, and then the kids will begin coming to online sessions.

I keep having nightmares about being at school, though... trying to herd kids. Running through the halls of schools, trying to help students who are having meltdowns. 

Dear brain -- please cut it out.

I'm still staying away from people, mostly. I probably stay at home six out of seven days a week, not including a daily short walk around the neighborhood.

I've been listening to a lot of podcasts: The Blume Saloon, First Impressions, Klickitcast....

I've been playing a lot of Sims 4, which, if you follow this blog, you've no doubt noticed.

I've read a couple of books.

The #BlackLivesMatter protests continue, though some have been infiltrated by people with bad intentions. It feels like there has been so little change. Sometimes it feels so hopeless. Our mayor, Ted Wheeler, has been the most useless sod of a mayor; so much so that when Tr*mp got on twitter and denounced TW, I found myself... I can't even believe it... agreeing with him?? There's a first time for everything. I feel so dirty, now.

Weird times, indeed.

In the middle of August my mom and I went up to Washington to socially-distant-visit with my grandpa. We stayed at my aunt & uncle's house, as they were out of town. I was able to visit some of the local beaches and parks. I used my metal detector and found some rusty, barnacled pieces of metal.







That land you see across the water? That's Canada, the land from which we are all currently barred. 


Though, apparently their phone service signals are really strong!








And here are a few more photos of things that just seem to encapsulate these weird times...

My doctor's office's waiting room, which previously held hard chairs and boring magazines...


And waiting in line outside of Trader Joe's...



No comments: