Thursday, May 7, 2020

The Corona Chronicles: Chapter 6

April 30

Earlier I was thinking... how strange... it was only LAST MONTH that we were still in school and  doing normal things!

These last 7 weeks have felt like a year. Possibly even a decade.

Not much has changed around here since my last post. The tasks involved in working from home have increased over the past two weeks. So far I'm keeping track of all the different video chats I have to do... this one, four days a week... this one, twice a week... this one, sporadically. Some are better than others. Yes, I wear pajama pants to all of them.

One of my new tasks for work involves doing book readalouds onto video. I've already been doing some of these to send to my nieces. Perhaps because I've devoted my energy to doing these (or perhaps because my workroom has become a disaster area, thanks to the piles of books and curriculum), I've really let my production drop on my vlog. Oh well. It's not like I have a plethora of viewers to disappoint. (Waves to my three viewers.)

I've been watching a lot of Youtube and Hulu lately (mainly Top Model). I watched Deep Impact over on Netflix for the first time in probably a decade, and walked away from it thinking, "That sucks... at least (for most people) Corona isn't necessarily the end of the world.")


May 6

A week ago I finally made my latest book, Caitlin The Magnificent, available for preorder on Amazon.com! This is exciting because, well, it is not easy for me to finish things. I started this one in 2015, and it could've been published two years ago if I'd really buckled down, but this whole quarantine thing has changed me in some very weird ways.

For example, the other week, I had to make phone calls for work. I hate making phone calls. But I knew I had to do it. So I sat down one afternoon and just did it. A few weeks later, we were tasked with making even more phone calls, to different families this time. And so, once again, I took a deep breath and I did it. And, to my amazement, I did not drop dead during or after. And recently, when a relative called me and left a message asking me to call him back, I did not wait six days to do it. I called him back the very next day. (I would have called him the same day, but I... forgot.)

What is happening to me?

Anyway, among other things, I made a little webpage for the book, and it is here, if you would like to view it. Also, please order it. It's really cheap. You  might even like it! It's supposed to be the first in a series. I do have a pretty good draft of book #2. Please, if you know me IRL, occasionally pester me to finish it, won't you? I'd really appreciate it.

A couple of photos from my walk today...













No comments: