Thursday, April 14, 2016

Employsion

Six weeks.

You know, sometimes I just don't feel like blogging.

Still, I feel the need to compose an update to this entry from February 24th. 

2.5 weeks after the above post, I found out about a job opening at a local school. I applied. I had an interview a week later. Four days after that, I got a call that I'd gotten the job.

B-)

The following Monday, the job began.

Two things to note:

1. I've actually worked at this school before. Half the staff is different now, and only the 5th grade students have a ring of familiarity (they were in Kindergarten when I worked there five years ago), but it's funny because I feel like I've just slipped back in to my old groove.

--This can feel a bit wrong, too... as if I'm taking a step backwards in life.

--But deep down inside I feel at peace 
that this is where I'm supposed to be right now.*

2. I had already agreed to work/teach at this after-school program at a 2nd school, before I got this job. So each day I work 6 hours at one job and then drive over and do 2 hours at another job. And it's exhausting.

Which may explain why I haven't blogged much.

I do want to say that I am happy... even though some of my students drive. me. nuts. I'm happy because I have a job, it's something I know how to do, and it's something I'm comfortable doing. I don't expect to do it forever, but then... who knows? 

Meanwhile, a picture of my favorite dog....


And favorite baby....



Life is good.

*and God is faithful.

1 comment:

Amy Evelyn Oden said...

Congrats on the jobs! And even more, on waiting and trusting for the right thing.