Tuesday, November 24, 2015

30 Days Of Retro Toys - Day 1 - Fisher-Price Amusement Park

Are you ready for some nostalgic feelings? Good! Because starting today, I'm presenting to you...


Each day I'll feature one or more toys from the days of yore. This is not meant to a "best toys" list. It's not even necessarily about toys I remember. I just grabbed a few old magazines and catalogs from my collection, photographed a bunch of the toy ads, and chose 30 that sparked my interest. And over the next 30 days, I'll share them with you! 

So come along with me and reminisce (and/or say "that existed?!") as we make our way toward the Holidays.

Day 1:


(Sears catalog, 1964)

Before the schoolhouse... before the barn with the door that said "moo"... before the little people were even called "Little People"... Fisher-Price made this amusement park. I had a lot of Little People growing up, but I never had this set. But it can be mine (or yours) via ebay for just $85!


* * *
Like vintage stuff? Check out my Etsy shop!

No comments: