Friday, May 29, 2015

The Truth About Ghosts


I've been working with elementary students for about 12 years. In that time I've seen a lot of crazy kid creations. Normally I don't feel it's my place to share kids' work, however silly or hilarious it may be. They're just kids, after all. Leave 'em alone and let them be their innocent, goofy selves.

But I'm going to make an exception this time. First, because this particular creation was displayed at a public event... so, really, it's fair game. And second, because I think it's very important that you, dear readers, were made aware of the true and indisputable facts about:


Ghosts.

This research project was created a while ago by a young student in our school district's "Talented & Gifted" ("TAG") program. 


"Ghost let them see them in a ball of light or not."

This entire list is awesome or not.



TAG kids are often unique in some way, or super bright in a particular area or two. That gets them into the program. High intelligence is expected, but not necessarily guaranteed.


Full disclosure: I was in TAG in 6th grade, and I was not the brightest bulb. 

My personal year-long research project was on The Mayans. I made a diorama of a small house for a nice Mayan family to live in, complete with an electric pottery wheel made out of a LEGO motor.


Like I said, not the brightest bulb.

But hey.




1 comment:

Amy Evelyn Oden said...

Wow. Just wow. #speechless