Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tuppence, Tuppence, Tuppence A Bag...

So I don't think I ever introduced my chickens!

Here they are...
 


Uh, yeah... I've had them a while. :)

F.A.Q:

Q: Are they laying eggs?
A: Not yet. Although they are indeed hens (for a while we weren't sure; it's nigh impossible to tell when they're young), hens don't just pop out of their eggs ready to lay the next generation a.s.a.p.  They will usually start laying at around 5-6 months of age, though in some cases they'll wait 'til the spring to begin the process.  My chickens three will be 6 months old this November, so we're just waiting to see....

Q: Mmm, chicken! Are you going to eat them?
A: NO. Not only am I a vegetarian, but they're my pets! Do I ask you if you're going to eat your dog? RAWR.  Stop causing trouble!

Q: What are their names, and how do you tell them apart?
A: The yellow one is C.C., short for Chickity China The Chinese Chicken.  The black one with the gold specks on her chest is Servo.  The black one with feathers on her feet is Gwynn (short for Penguin, which is what I called her originally, because she had a white chest as a chick.)

No comments: