Monday, September 28, 2015

Where The Ocean Meets The Sky


I'm alive and well. The ship has managed to avoid both icebergs and pirates and is still scheduled to arrive in Miami on Wednesday the 30th. At which point I will be sad, because I really have enjoyed myself (some credit must be given to Bonine, but....) 



The bed is so comfy. There are activities all throughout the day, but no one makes you do anything you don't want to do (save for the lifeboat drill... and getting off the ship in the end.) The food is across the board, some excellent, some unappealing, but there is plenty of it.


I've discovered I love looking out at the sea... The waves rolling against the ship... It's quite calming.

I tried both waterslides on board... even the one where the floor drops from underneath you and you basically plummet.





I got up on stage and sang karaoke one night. What song? Jolly Holiday, which I realized/remembered AFTER I got up there that it's a duet. I... did my best.

I've watched Disney movies I haven't seen in 30 years. I've watched ones that have been out for years but I never saw. 101 Dalmatians? Slightly less scary than it was when I was 5. Lilo & Stitch? Good. Lone Ranger? Guh.

Tomorrow we visit Castaway Cay.

No comments: