Saturday, September 12, 2015

Bern, baby

Sorry for the post bombardment today, but it looks like my Free Wifi days will soon be ending.

Today my cousin and I spent the day touring Bern, Switzerland. Bern is gorgeous, though I would not want to live here, because of the bells, the incessant bells. It's 15 minutes past the hour? Well, bing bong to that! It's 8:00? Why, please DO enjoy this 15-minute-long concert! Bonnnng.

•••

In the morning, we took the funicular (hill-ascending tram) up to a park that had views of the (distant) Alps. After lunch, we visited the Kunstmuseum, a museum of fine arts, which had the usual Picassos and Matisses and such. After leaving there, we walked to a cathedral, which was amazing and old and cool. We then walked all around Old Town. I am now exhausted, thanks.

Tomorrow, my cousin and I part ways, and I go onward to Italy, and after that, Spain. Please pray for my continued safety.

I took about a hundred photos around Bern. Here are... slightly fewer than that. 














































No comments: