Monday, September 21, 2015

You can be blase about some things, Rose...

So I'm on the 2015 Disney Magic Westbound TransAtlantic (WBTA) cruise. We left Barcelona the evening of September 19th. I've been looking forward to this cruise for so long, it seems unbelievable that I'm actually here. Just lying on a bed. On a boat. On the open sea.

So far I think I like it. There is food galore, and a lot of it is delicious (I can't say "all the food" because I had an unfortunate encounter with some grapefruit yesterday.) There are different activities all day long. On Sunday I played Star Wars Angry Birds, made Flubber, watched a Broadway-style show, and took an afternoon nap. Yep. No regrets here. Around 7:30 pm that evening, we passed through the strait of Gibraltar. It was foggy, but you could still make out land to the north (the Rock of Gibraltar) and south (Africa... I presume.)

Our first port stop will be Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, on Tuesday. You do have to pay for internet on the boat, but you get 50 mb for free if you sign up on the first day. I'm going to see how long I can make that last. (Edit: pictures now posted!) See ya real soon!




No comments: