Sunday, August 12, 2012

Crazy California Road Trip: Day 6

Day 6
San Dimas to San Jose
398 miles

Breakfast at Denny's. Baby V knows I shouldn't order the grand slam but I do anyway.


We drive to a state park in Thousand Oaks, where the chipmunks and ducks are waiting to be fed.



This guy takes a pizza crust right out of my hand, even putting his tiny little paws on me to push me away.

Adorable!

He then takes it away to eat in privacy.


...or maybe not...


There's a pond with a million ducks.


I take a million photos.








The kids collect feathers with the intent of making a "fake duck."

We'll see how that turns out.

We drive along the coast,



make a stop in Santa Barbara,



and take naps in the car.




Lots of prettiness on highway 101. Cows, horses, farms, vineyards, rolling hills, flowers....

We arrive in San Jose after dark. Our hotel is a Radisson and it feels rather posh, especially compared to that Motel 6. 


Tomorrow, the beach? We think.

No comments: