I hope that nice Colin Firth wins!
But he's not nominated...
* * *
(Know what movie that quote is adapted from? Cookies for you!)
I changed the blog's background! Do you like it?
Here's a picture of the old one for comparison:
Stay tuned for Oscar Thoughts (if the show doesn't leave me too bitter) and a brand new edition of There's A Trope For That...
1. Kind of boring this year.
2. Billy Crystal is actually becoming Miracle Max. Yes, I know people get old. It's natural. But um,
3. Speaking of which, I love Princess Bride, but three references during the broadcast? And not a one about ROUSes or Inigo Montoya? Tsk.
4. I guess it was worth the 3+ hour wait to see Colin Firth.
5. James Earl Jones, yayyy!
6. Even though I wanted Glenn Close to win, when it came right down to it, I was happy Meryl Streep won, and her speech was fantastic. Both of those ladies rock socks, so really, everyone's a winner. Even me.
7. I loved Natalie Portman's dress and I don't care about anyone else's.
8. Brad Pitt's hair looks terrible.
9. Did they duct tape everyone's hands to their seats during the Dead People Montage? Why was there no clapping? Sure, I hate the clapping. It makes some of the departed seem less worthy or important than others. But without the clapping... it was kind of creepy, don't you think?
10. Colin Firth, come baaaackkk!