Friday, February 10, 2012

Random Things From My Childhood Part 2


1. Winter Games


2:44 onward = fond memories of falling down to Tchaikovsky... constantly.


2. Where's Waldo?


Where indeed? I'm sure there's a metaphor in here somewhere about relentlessly, obsessively searching for something miniscule, trying to find meaning amongst disorder and chaos, but... well, who cares.


3. Tubtown


Or, one of the only things that could get me to take baths as a kid.


4. Nosy Bears



Another item Santa forgot to bring me in the 80s. Curse you, Claus!


5.LEGO Forestmen's Hideout


For a change, something I actually had!


6. The Baby-Sitters Club


Kristy - Loud tomboy
Mary Anne - Shy romantic
Claudia - Junk food-loving artist
Stacey - Sophisticated Diabetic
Dawn - Californian vs. Red Meat
Jessi - Talented ballerina
Mallory - Just plain awkward


7. Heidi's Song


One of the only movies from my childhood I can't stand to rewatch. It's just plain creepy!


8. Jelly Shoes
 
During the Jelly craze, I used my pennies to buy a pair of pink ones at a garage sale. They were 4 sizes too big. I put them away. The next thing I knew, they were too small and I'd never even gotten to wear them. That is one of my life's biggest regrets.


9. Doublemint Twins

Back in the day, twins used to get hired to dress up like giant sticks of gum in order to get chewed on by hunky locals. Or... wait.


10. Bubble Tape

Annnnd more gum...


Old people just don't understand.

2 comments:

Emily Blair said...

I will always associate you with Where's Waldo - I must have seen it first at your house, I guess. And the Babysitter's Club books which I confess I'd still like to read.

That Tubtown toy looks awesome. I want one for Bea!

Molly said...

Well, I know where to find about 100 BSC books (*looks shifty-eyed*) and I don't normally loan books since most people are book-disrespectful, but you I trust.

Isn't Tubtown awesome? But no one can seem to find them anymore, not even on ebay or anything. Maybe everyone's disintegrated in the tub after years of use. I remember the dock part on ours finally came detached from the rest of it and my mom got tired of having this broken thing under the bathroom sink and was like THAT'S IT, THIS IS GOING IN THE GARBAGE. I still have 3 of the little figures though.