Monday, November 9, 2015

Notes Of Inspiration ♬


Bern, Switzerland: A city buzzing with the noise and confusion of words I don't recognize, accents that mystify... and bells, so many bells.

And then, just outside the train station, my ears perk. I hear something familiar....

It's a song. It's a song in English. And it's a song I know.


Somehow, thousands of miles from my home, street musicians in Switzerland are performing a song I know. It's like a little sign reminding me that I am not alone.

Last December, I wrote about my sudden and intense love for pop music that came about at age 15. Over the years since, I've gone through phases of intensely enjoying a particular genre... Pop, Country, 80's Rock, Classical... and currently, it's Contemporary Christian music. There are so many great songs out there right now. In fact, several of them became very meaningful for me this year as I was preparing to leave my job, and later, as I was preparing to embark on my trip, and even now, as I'm looking for a new job.

Below is a list of songs that have had special meaning for me this year....

The Glorious Unfolding - Steven Curtis Chapman
Voice Of Truth - Casting Crowns
Drops In The Ocean - Hawk Nelson
Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) - Hillsong United
Praise You In This Storm - Casting Crowns
Holy Spirit - Francesca Battistelli
Good To Be Alive - Jason Gray
Through All Of It - Colton Dixon
Soul On Fire - Third Day
Greater - Mercy Me


And here are other songs that I just enjoy...

You Are I Am - Mercy Me
Sky Spills Over - Michael W. Smith
That Was Then, This Is Now - Josh Wilson
More Than You Think I Am - Danny Gokey
Shoulders - For King And Country
Because He Lives (Amen) - Matt Maher
Flawless - Mercy Me
Lord, I Need You - Matt Maher
Remind Me Who I Am - Jason Gray
He Knows My Name - Francesca Battistelli
Start A Fire - Unspoken
Fix My Eyes - For King And Country
All The People Said Amen - Matt Maher
Unchangeable - Matthew West
Love Stands Waiting - Matthew West
Write Your Story - Francesca Battistelli
This Is Amazing Grace - Phil Wickham
With Every Act Of Love - Jason Gray


No comments: