Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Oregon Zoo In Late Fall

I've been back to the zoo multiple times since my visit in October. One day in mid-November, I visited the zoo with the hopes of seeing the lion cubs out & about before the weather got too cold.



There's a lot of construction going on at the zoo these days. Here, the zoo lights have already gone up, and the stage (where they used to do the bird show and other shows) is in the midst of coming down.



I spent all of my time that day in Africa.













I'd heard a rumor that the lion cubs would come out around 1. I staked out a spot near a viewing window and waited. Finally, around 1:30, in went the Daddy Lion and out came Mama Lion & her cubs!







The cubs were frisky, and Mama went around trying to keep order. She'd attempt to pick them up by the scruff of their necks, but they were already pretty heavy and she couldn't seem to do it anymore. The cubs frolicked and pranced and delighted the crowds.

It was a great day.


No comments: