Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Books I Read In 2013

* * * Books I Read In 201* * *
  • I began the year with Beverly Cleary, reading or re-reading Fifteen, Jean & Johnny, Mitch & Amy, Ellen Tebbits, Henry and the Clubhouse, and Two Times The Fun (a compilation of her picture books.)
  • Re-read Sara Crewe and A Little Princess, available for free on Kindle.
  • Read Pollyanna and both parts of Little Women (also free.)
  • Read Quiet by Susan Cain. Very insightful look into the relationship between extraverts and introverts (and those who fall somewhere between.)
  • Read The Real Diary Of A Real Boy and Letters Of A Woman Homesteader, both available for free on Kindle. Great glimpses into life back in the day; very entertaining.
  • Started, but have not yet finished, Mansfield Park. 
  • Between May and July, I re-read the Harry Potter series for the... yeah, I've lost track of how many times.
  • Read one Nancy Drew book and one Baby-Sitters Club book, which I reviewed on this blog.
  • In the Fall, I re-read most of the Ramona Quimby series. I also read Henry and the Paper Route.
  • Started re-reading, but have not yet completed, The Time Machine.
  • Read the entire Love & Capes graphic/comic series, including What To Expect.
  • I re-read The Giver, by Lois Lowry, then went all out and read the rest of the series (Gathering Blue, The Messenger, and Son.) Also read The Silent Boy and Gossamer by Lowry.
  • Started on the Little House On The Prairie series. Currently reading Little Town On The Prairie.

No comments: