Monday, July 23, 2012

There's A Trope For That - Week Of July 22nd

WTG, Emily! That was very much indeed Colin Firth in the last post! 
Here is a more recent photo:


And guess what?? This week's trope is... Colin Firth! Did you know Colin has his own tropes page? Really, he does! Go check it out!

Speaking of you-know-who, a few weeks ago I rented Girl With A Pearl Earring to watch with my mother. She asked what it was about beforehand and I told her who was in it and she agreed to give it a chance. We put it in the DVD player and Colin's name goes by, as does Scarlett Johansson's and the rest. The characters begin to appear on screen, and after a little while, there's Colin in one scene. Then another and another. Roughly half an hour goes by and my mom goes: "Wait -- is that Colin Firth?"

I can vouch for the fact that he does not wear a disguise in that movie. No funny hat or glasses. Just longer hair. My poor mother; her Firthdar is broken. 

Okay, I promise to do a slightly more legit trope next time. Until then... enjoy that picture! (I do.)



No comments: