Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Very Friendly Christmas!


1.

On the first day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...


A mini-doll named Stephanie...


 Whee?

2.

On the second day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...


A pile of pieces... 


...and no instructions that I can see!

So we're going to make it up as we go....


Annnd it's possibly a snowmobile??


We're just going to call it a snowmobile and move on to day 3.

3.

On the third day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...


A leaf and a stick and some round pieces wtf.


Never fear, we can totally do something with this!


Ta da!

 And then, a discovery. The thing you are supposed to build is pictured on the back of each of the little doors. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS?


Well, I feel kinda dumb. But you know what? I think it might be slightly more fun to build without the picture and then compare what I come up with to the pic to see how close I am. Yes. That is what I will do. :)

4.

On the fourth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

Body parts?


Just kidding, it's Emma! A new BFF for Stephanie!


BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!! 
(But stay away from my snowmobile.)

5.

On the fifth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...


"OMG, the pink slope and the red pieces totally clash."
"Shuh, I know. And is dark brown a legal Friends color? Should we run and hide?"

No, we should not, we should build!

With the roofy slope and the poles and all, I'm guessing some kind of lemonade stand is asking to be made.


But let's check the back of the door to see what it was really supposed to be...


Oh, one of THOSE...

Of course!

6.

On the sixth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

PRETTYSHINY THINGS!!!!




Okay, so clearly these represent the gifts of the three Wise Men -- gold, frankincense and myrrh -- oh and plus an empty peanut butter jar, which represents, I dunno, having eaten plenty or whatever.

How this is all going to fit with a snowmobile, lamp post, two BFFs and a lemonade stand is anyone's guess. WILL WE FIND OUT ON DAY 7??? (yeah... probably not)

7.

On the seventh day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...


Poles, brown brick, roof piece... this looks like yet another lemonade stand. Maybe we're supposed to be building some kind of Holiday Market? Maybe the Magi gifts from yesterday are supposed to be the wares? And maybe this means Emma and Stephanie are going to get to go... shopping?


"We love shopping!!"
"We have no money!"
"Who cares -- there aren't any vendors at the stands anyway!"
"Good point! YAY FOR FREE STUFF!"

8.

On the eighth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

Foodstuffs!



9.

On the ninth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

More mysterious pieces!


And so...



10.

On the tenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...



11.

On the eleventh day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

Heartlake City's introduction to capitalism.

Read: MONEY!


The ensuing greed was, I suppose, inevitable...


12.

On the twelfth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...



Hmm. I am almost tempted to look at the picture of what it's supposed to be, because honestly, I have no clue.

In the end I build something that looks like a cross between a tetris piece and a birthday cake. 


Then I decide to peek at the picture--


Oh. Presents. Duh. 

Well... mine could be a present, too! Just... really oddly shaped. It's special, dangit.


13.

On the thirteenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

A non-mystery...


No creative builds for me today, because I really can't ignore the fact that the thing I am supposed to build is right there on the box. (And so is one of the presents from yesterday -- yes, shut up.) 

Fine. I will dutifully build the... uh...


Present-carrying sled thing.

Yeah.

Sure.

14.

On the fourteenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

Pieces to make, perhaps, another street lamp -- and what is most assuredly a magic crystal.


OMG THE MAGIC CRYSTAL MADE EMMA AND STEPHANIE'S HAIR MAGICALLY SWITCH PLACES!!


Stay tuned to find out if Christmas is ruined??

15.

On the fifteenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...


Pieces to make a pretty blue bench!!

A... tiny pretty blue bench...


Oh well; I bet it beats sitting in the snow.

16.

On the sixteenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

ICE SKATES!

Nice, seeing as how 70% of the advent calendar's cardboard decor is made up of an ice rink.

The ladies are having about as much luck as I do when on ice.


Tomorrow: ice fishing???

17.

On the seventeenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

The gift of music!


Now we just need a Christmas tree so that rockin' around can commence! (I totally see a Christmas Tree on that box!)


18.

On the eighteenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

Snowman parts...


A creepy, faceless snowman. Welp, time to recreate American Gothic.


What.

19.

On the nineteenth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

FIYAHHHH!


Nice juxtaposition there, Lego. What exactly are you implying??

20.

Hey hey, it's Christmas Tree Day!


Let the tree-hugging commence!


21.

On the twenty-first day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

Hmmm. The Christmas Tree was yesterday. What are they going to come up with that can top that?


A songbook and two cans of mace???

That does it; this calendar is freaking weird.

22.

Christmas is coming,
the goose is getting fat,
and my excitement for this calendar is seriously dwindling.

The tree was cool, the snowman was cool, but now...


An empty box and a snowy leaf?


Right then. Well, I'm sure the 23rd will be much more exciting! And that the 24th will be the best of all!!! :D  (optimism. it's an illness.)

23.

On the twenty-third day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...


A chipmunk.

So we're two days from Christmas, and we get one half of Chip & Dale. I get that we're trying to be all non-denominational, non-religious, non-everything... but this is, after all, an ADVENT calendar, and I'm pretty sure, traditionally, "advent" isn't about waiting for the coming of a decorated rodent.


D'aw, but at least she's cute!

24.

On the twenty-fourth day of December, my Lego Friends Advent Calendar gave to me...

A big fat blue and white present with a Christmas Letter on top. 


That's it. That's what we get for the 24th, Christmas Eve. A present. Not too thrilling, considering we got "presents" way back on the 12th as well. I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe Santa? Mrs. Claus? Santa's workshop, complete with lights and moving parts? Oh, I dunno, SOMETHING BESIDES A BOX.

Wait a second... are those turquoise Lego bricks? 

TURQUOISE!? I LOVE TURQUOISE!

And there's plenty more to be had of that! Plus... pink! And violet! And a beautiful magical blue jewel (which, I'm only somewhat sorry to say, never did reverse the hair-switching spell, but Emma and Stephanie have learned to live with their new locks.) Well, heck... if you take this set for the pieces, it's actually quite nice!

Merry Christmas To Me!

And... to you, of course! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can one get a hair-switching blue stone thingy at?