Saturday, October 21, 2017

A 1950s Child's Scrapbook

I picked up this scrapbook (or, "Scrap Book") at an estate sale a few years ago. I can only guess at the child's age (maybe 8-9?), where they lived (maybe California?), and their gender (uh...?) but I do know a few things about what he/she liked, thanks to what's presented here: Animals, books, comics, coloring pages, and, oh yes, glorious food pictures! Also, the date on the stamps and a few other items = 1954, so I'm going to assume that's when this was constructed. 



Roman numerals! Classy.












You aren't supposed to eat cigarettes and toothpaste, kid... you do know this...?



Augh.



"Come quickly," Harold called. "The bears are coming."

I can't imagine this story ending well for anyone.


Speaking of endings... in true kid-scrapbook/diary/notebook fashion, the last half of the book is completely empty.

If only...



No comments: