Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bricks Cascade 2013!

I attended Bricks Cascade (the Lego convention in Portland) the weekend of March 9th, 2013.



Here are the things I brought:

*There Was An Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe
(Will probably go to BrickCon but I may modify it.)



*Rinth Island Model



*The Secret Laboratory of Dr. Charles Egbert Hinson III 
(Complete with secret bookcase passage! I'm not happy with the roof so I may modify this one... or add a second story.)



*Gingerbread House (which I profiled here)




*Fun House 2.0 (a bigger version of the fun house I made for BrickCon in October; I'll be retiring this one soon)



*Indiana Jones And the Lost Temple Of Something Or Other 
(I think I will bring this to the 2013 Brick Con; I might add to it.)



*Blue Moon Module
(since retired)



*Happy Sunny Magical Princess Castle
(Not sure what I'll do with this one. I like the scenery but I'm not totally happy with the actual castle.)


(photo by Wired For Lego)


My two favorite things about the convention this year:

*Participating in the competitions on Friday -- including the epic team build -- with my brother and my friend.

*Attending the public convention on Sunday, bringing along my 11- and 10-year-old cousinettes; getting to see my other cousin as well as my neighbors who all came to the convention. Yay moral support!

I had a good weekend and I am eager for BrickCon in... six lonnnng months.

No comments: