Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bricks Cascade 2014: Photo Cascade! (P.S. Everything Is Awesome)

Okay, so I was going to post a bunch of photos here from Bricks Cascade, the Portland Lego Convention that was held in early March of 2014... but then I made a video with all the pictures instead, so NOW YOU GET A VIDEO:



And yes, I included some of my own creations in that slideshow of sorts... but wouldn't you?

ADDENDUM

3/10/19

So every time I go back and look at my posts about Bricks Cascades of the past, I feel bad that the 2014 one didn't get an actual blog post. Just a video. So I'm here to rectify that, as best as I can with my 5-years-in-the-future brain.

The theme of the 2014 Bricks Cascade was Are You Ready To MOC?

2014 was memorable for many reasons. It was my third Bricks Cascade, and the last one (for 3 years) in which I would have no major responsibilities (I became a theme co-coordinator in 2015).

This was the year the first LEGO Movie came out... in fact, it had only been in theaters about a month. We weren't sick of Everything Is Awesome yet.


2014 was the first & only year I gave a presentation! My topic was Building A Story, and it covered how to create a LEGO story (photography techniques, lighting, presentation methods, publicity, etc.)



I also took home my first-ever trophy at this convention!


And yes, I absolutely still have it on my shelf.

Besides the one-handed speed build, I participated in the partner speed build, the Freestyle/Master Build...







 and the Team Speed Build....


Set 10237, the Lord Of The Rings Tower Of Orthanc. (I got to keep the eagle!)

2014 was also notable as the last year my brother, Stan, attended the con with me. (I hope to convince him to return someday.) He made a cool transforming robot, or "hoverbot.")




He hopes to someday motorize the robot so that it can transform without any human assistance.

Here are some of the MOCs I brought to Bricks Cascade in 2014....

Happy Sunny Magical Princess Castle 2....


Micro Nativity...


"Ocean..." with a swimming shark...



Scrooge McDuck....


And a vignette of the Doggie Dash, 2014...



If I brought other things, I guess I forgot to take pictures of them.

Below are a few of the MOCs built by other people...
























 So now I've properly blogged about 2014's Bricks Cascade! Hurray!

One goal accomplished. 425 to go.

No comments: