Sunday, December 10, 2017

Bibliophile




I'm in Powell's and I'm trapped. I can't seem to reach the exits, no matter how hard I try. Every time I get near the checkout counters, an invisible force turns me around and pulls me toward a different section of the store.

This is not a dream. This is reality.

And the reality is: I want the books. I want ALL THE BOOKS.

Two halves of my brain wrestle for control.

Brain Half A:  NO! You have too many books already! You literally have no more shelves on which to put them. And you haven't even cracked half the books you own. GO HOME.

Brain Half B: SHUT UP I NEED THE BOOKS 
AND THEY NEED ME
BOOOOOKKSSSSSS! 💜

Twenty minutes later, my brain halves reach a compromise:  You may buy one book, but it has to be a gift for someone else.

That's just fine.

I'll do just that. This time.

Oh, but I'll be back.

No comments: